1. Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil – At first I was skeptical about the facial oil trend, but I when I read about Sea Buckthorn Oil as a remedy to big girl breakouts in SheDoesTheCity‘s Why No Woman Should Ever Be Scared of Turning 30, I thought ‘Hey, why not’. And its been fan-freakin-tastic. I love it. I love the scent, which makes me thing of some kind of holistic magic elixir. I love the texture which is an oil that goes on smoothly, without being greasy. And I love the results. To be fair, I didn’t have “adult acne” to begin with, but I did have the odd annoying breakout. Seems pricey, but it only takes a drop.
2. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM – A great, simple, affordable, unscented nighttime moisturizer, available in Canada since February. Not too heavy, goes on smoothly, and works miracles when mixed with Fresh Seaberry oil.
3. The Honest Company ‘Sweet Orange Vanilla’ Shampoo & Body Wash – I bought this on a whim at a Costco in Vermont to use as body wash, and truthfully, it has one the best beauty buys I’ve made recently. It smells lovely, and lathers well. Also its organic, paraben-free, safe for babies, etc etc.
4. Tresemme Keratin Smooth Keratin Infusing Conditioner – Full disclosure: I got this product for free in a Flare Magazine swag bag when I went to the World Runway Tour this fall. I had never purchased a Tresemme product before, and I’m not sure I would have. But frankly, this product has made me a believer. I’ve tried many an expensive product impulsively purchased at salons, but when it comes to conditioner, this is the ONLY one lately that makes my hair soft, silky, and easy to brush. And its only $7.99 at Pharmaprix/Shopper’s Drug Mart.
5. Kerastase Elixir Ultime – Did I mention that I impulsively purchase over-priced products every time I go to the salon? Exhibit A – Elixir Ultime. In general, I have to say, I do like Kerastase products (my review Kérastase Ciment Thermique here) I just started using this hair oil as a finisher after blow-drys, and not only does it smell AMAZING, it tames flyaways and makes my soft and silky without that heavy, weighed down oily feeling.
6. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Body Lotion – This one also came from my World Runway Tour Flare Magazine swag-bag. But hey, when it works, it works. The scent is a little strong on this creamy lotion, but it really makes a difference on winter-ravaged dry skin, especially feet, legs and elbows.
What are your most recent beauty discoveries?