I have pale, freckled skin, and some of my biggest concerns are
redness and uneven skin tone.
And let me tell you, the summer heat does me no favours.
Here are a some selected summer beauty essentials that I have found help me to keep cool and refreshed as the temperatures rise.
1. Éminence Organics Sweet Red Rose Cleanser via The Facial Room*, C$42.00 –I love Eminence products. Most cleansers and moisturizers from this made-in-Canada line are very concentrated and meant to be “emulsified” with a few drops of water. This really extends the life of the product, so although it may seem expensive, they really last. A word of caution – keep your Eminence products safely stowed in cool, dry area, and out of the sun, because although they are shelf stable, they can be finicky.
2. Kiehel’s Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub, C$36.50 – I use this sweet-smelling gentle exfoliant one a week to get a good deep-down scrub on my fickle pores.
3. StellaMcCartney Stella 1 oz Eau de Parfum Purse Spray via Sephora.ca, C$52.00 – A sexy, sophisticated fragrance with an intoxicating rose signature. It is one of my all-time favourites. I make sure to keep a purse-size Stella in my bag to spritz as I leave the house.
4. Éminence Organics Clear Skin Probiotic Moisturizer via The Facial Room*, C$58.00 – A refreshing, calming blend of cucumber, yogurt and tea tree oil to sooth and clarify irritated skin.
5. Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF15 With Probiotic Technology in “Calming Fair” via The Bay, C$33.00 – A great product to mix in with your daily moisturizer for light coverage
6. Essie Nail Polish in “Bottle Service” via Pharmaprix, C$12 – A bright and sassy colour that is fun and easy for summer.
7. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in “Vanilla” via The Bay, C$30.00 – Super easy to apply, blend, and go. Much better on the frantic morning routine than stick concealers, which tend to need a lot of working-in and warming up.
8. NARS The Multiple in “Orgasm” via Holt Renfrew, C$46 – This product is a great, long lasting all-in-one that you can throw in your purse for a gorgeous glow on the apples of your cheeks, or apply to your lips to brighten up your face. Also great: Copacabana for highlighting cheekbones.
9. Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara in “Black” via The Bay, C$19 – Clinique is the only mascara that keeps me from rubbing and itching my sensitive eyes all the livelong day.
10. Benefit Cosmetics highlighter in “high beam” via Pharmaprix, C$32.00 – A great little easy-to-use liquid highlighter for defining or enhancing your overall look.
11. Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in “Baby Doll” via Holt Renfrew, C$26 – This product smells like a subtle vanilla dream and its just sheer enough to for a polished daytime look.
12.NARS Bronzing Powder in “Laguna” via Holt Renfrew, C$39 – Dust in the shape of a number “3” from your temples, to the hollows of your cheek, to your chin, for a golden tanned look. Great for us pale-skinned gals that don’t bronze naturally.
*The Facial Room* out of Vancouver, BC offers free Canada Post shipping across Canada, with no minimum order!